curently does not work since Amazon API key expired
- Users can set price thresholds on products and get notified when those products hit the threshold.
- Built on Rails 5 (API backend) and AngularJS 1.4 (Frontend)
- OAuth with Amazon Login
- Completely custom; no Ruby gems, CSS frameworks, or third-party Angular libaries.
- Background cron job to manage price updates
- Email notifications through Mailgun
- Consumes and normalizes Amazon Product Advertising API.
Command Line Utilities (fun)
The eBook market is a bit of a technological mixture and mess. As a budding developer, I saw some opportunities to learn, get my hands dirty, and help fill vacuums that my teams needed while I was at Ingram Content Group and VitalSource Technologies. Unfortunately, not all of these projects are not open-source.
Contextual EPUB Checker
EPUBCheck can only go so far–older versions only checked for strict validity, not whether the eBook will render correctly on the intended eReader. I recognized some patterns and incorporated Kindlegen into a checking suite that gave more insights to the publishers on possible gaps. The tools also eliminated some of the common problem with ePub packaging and manifest issues.